• Hours: Full-time
• Contract Type: Permanent
• Location: Plymouth
• Salary: £22k – £26k DOE + discretionary company bonus
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. cmostores.com is an online supplier of building materials, sold across six specialist eCommerce stores. We are seeking a self-motivated, organised, experienced and high performing Front-End Web Developer to join our team based at our head office in Plymouth.
As a Front-End Web Developer you will support the eCommerce and Marketing teams with customer facing changes such as UX improvements and marketing email template changes. You will report to the Lead Front End Developer and be supported by our UX experts and dedicated design function.
Working as part of the Technical Team, you will engage with the other developers and wider CMO teams to develop and maintain our ecommerce sites, corporate site and marketing emails. Customer Experience is at the forefront of everything we do as a digital leader in our industry.
Our goal is to lead the way when it comes to user experience, not only in the construction industry, but the ecommerce industry as a whole.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by designers with server-side logic
- Creating and maintaining editable marketing email templates
- Maintain our online shops and corporate site
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- An understanding of online security and data protection.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Follow testing process, making sure that all code deployments are thoroughly tested locally and on the staging sites before they are deployed to the live sites
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Perform UI tests to optimise performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborate with back-end web developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Follow emerging technologies
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Working collaboratively with the wider team by sharing ideas, knowledge and resources.
- Undertake any further relevant research, development or training as required
cmostores.com is an equal opportunities employer