Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £20-24k DOE + company bonus scheme + benefits
cmostores.com is one of the UK’s largest online building merchants. We are currently looking for a competent Front-End Web Developer with strong HTML and CSS knowledge to join our team. You will be joining an experienced, yet young, company at an exciting stage of growth and will be given the opportunity to grow in your role and get hands-on with projects from day one. We believe in building a great place to work and an environment where we do our best work for the wider team. We feel passionate about building a great atmosphere for our staff and believe in good work/life balance.
The successful candidate will help maintain our online stores (PHP platform) and corporate site (WordPress). The role will also include creating and maintaining editable marketing email templates.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Have good knowledge of PHP
- Have good time management
- Work competently as an individual and as part of a team
- Have troubleshooting/problem solving ability. The work will often involve identifying and trying to fix problems within web pages
- Have a good eye for design and what works for UX/UI
- Have great communication skills. You will need to provide support to non-technical people both over the phone and by email. Being able to explain complicated ideas simply will be important, as will being able to understand reported problems
- Have the ability to prioritise. Being able to tell when something is urgent and responding correctly is critical
- Be experienced and knowledgeable with Cross-browser testing
- Be experienced with SASS
- Be experienced with bootstrap V3 and V4
Experience of Git or another version control system would be advantageous, along with a working knowledge of Photoshop. Experience of creating marketing emails using Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp or similar would also be beneficial.
cmostores.com is an equal opportunities employer