Contract Type: Permanent
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. cmostores.com is an online supplier of building materials, sold across five specialist eCommerce stores. As the company is expanding, we have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and results-driven Procurement Specialist to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The Procurement Specialist role is instrumental in securing the best quality products at the most competitive prices through effective negotiation to ensure that the company achieves its ambitious strategic objectives as agreed by the Board. They will reduce expenditure and increase profits through implementing and negotiating contracts, reviewing suppliers and analysing new product and supplier performance, highlighting any successes and failures.
- Negotiate and agree contracts, optimising terms with suppliers that are beneficial for both parties, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing suppliers, whilst monitoring supplier performance against KPI’s
- Develop, implement and review a purchasing strategy
- Increase profit generated and deliver cost reduction initiatives, delivering sustainable gross margin improvements through negotiation and resourcing of products
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery, schedules and quality whilst identifying opportunities for leverage
- Monitor supplier performance, liaising closely with customer service to ensure suppliers are meeting the delivery standards expected from them.
- Ensure the company has a compelling commercial range that is up to date with trends and that we have innovative linked product solutions at great value
- Gain a commercial understanding of our brands and commercial requirements
- Constantly look for continuous improvement opportunities in line with supply chain best practice, focusing heavily on improving customer satisfaction
- Work closely with Store Managers to analyse brand performance against financial objectives to maximise growth opportunities
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
Manage the stock profile and support the Warehouse Manager regarding availability levels of products
- Drive category growth through range development and promotional strategies
- To ensure ethical compliance by monitoring supplier involvement in the Modern Slavery Act 2015
The successful candidate will have previous experience as a Buyer/Procurement Officer. The candidate will have demonstrable experience of negotiations with large suppliers within the construction industry and a proven track record of improving margin requirements. CIPS/MCIPS certified or working towards would be desirable.
cmostores.com is an equal opportunities employer