- Hours: Full-time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Plymouth
- Salary: £18,128 – £18,500 DOE + discretionary company bonus
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. cmostores.com is an online supplier of building materials, sold across six specialist eCommerce stores. We are seeking a self-motivated, organised, experienced and high performing Purchase Ledger Assistant to join our team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The role of the Purchase Ledger Assistant is to perform accounting tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable/receivable transactions and accounts. To engage with suppliers to ensure smooth and timely invoice processing and payments process, and to support the month end function, ensuring that supplier statements are reconciled in a timely and detailed manner. Maintain filing and controls to meet company and audit requirements, and to help develop and improve systems and methods of working with focus being on efficiency and continuous improvement. To collaborate and provide general support within the finance function.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for all aspects of purchase ledger
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers in a confident, professional and helpful manner
- Dealing with queries contacting supplier and escalating or referring to supply chain where necessary
- Process invoices ensuring accuracy of information
- Code invoices as required, including overheads.
- Understand and work accurately within the nominal ledger structure
- Distribute invoices for authorisation in a controlled manner, drawing attention to potential problems and resolving queries as required.
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised, within defined policies and procedures to set timescales
- Reconcile supplier account statements
- Create payment runs as required.
- General administrative duties including answer phones and filing
- Have a flexible approach to work in order to meet various deadlines and accommodate change in a fast-growing environment.
- Be pro-active in ensuring that systems and processes are fit for purpose and working efficiently.
- Provide support as and where necessary within the finance team as defined by good practice for capacity planning such as providing cover for holiday, sickness or busy periods.
- Promote good practice and compliance with company procedures
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and good IT skills including Microsoft Excel. Experience of Sage 200 and knowledge of Paperless (processing system) would be beneficial. An AAT level 2-3 qualification would be advantageous.
The ability to absorb new information quickly, problem solving skills and ability to work to targets is essential. They will be computer literate with a high standard of written and spoken English and have an excellent telephone manner. It is essential to also be a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude. The ability to absorb new information quickly is essential as well as being organised with a demonstrable ability to prioritise and effectively complete multiple tasks.
cmostores.com is an equal opportunities employer