• Hours: Full-time
• Contract Type: Permanent
• Location: Plymouth
• Salary: DOE + discretionary company bonus
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. cmostores.com is an online supplier of building materials, sold across six specialist eCommerce stores. We are seeking a self-motivated, organised, experienced and high performing SEO Manager to join our team based at our head office in Plymouth.
We’re looking for an analytical and creative SEO Manager to join the eCommerce team and manage a team of SEO Executives and a Copywriter to help grow organic traffic and uphold internal governance of SEO. cmostores.com employs bespoke eCommerce platforms on all sites, including a custom CSM. The successful candidate will be familiar with other tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, ahrefs, SEMrush, WordPress and previous experience of internal site search tools would be beneficial.
The SEO Manager will be coordinate with in-house Developers and Category Managers to provide the best possible user experience and customer journey throughout 6 sites, advising on repercussions for search and organic traffic of suggested implementations. The SEO Manager must keep a customer-focussed approach to all activities because for many cmostores.com customers, organic search is the first touchpoint of their user journey.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes, including actionable points from quarterly technical SEO audits
• Ownership and responsibility for the Help & Advice section for each site, including content strategy, overall appearance, and idea generation for the Content Plan plus providing support and guidance on keyword research, internal linking and use of imagery for Copywriter
• Ownership and responsibility for SEO initiatives such as category page FAQs and product page Q&As.
• Manage and monitor internal site search, including optimising for poor returned results, implementing. redirects & setting appropriate landing pages
• Build and update frontend site menus for 6 eCommerce sites, taking recommendations and advice from Category Managers
• Use of GSC for technical site management, including identifying technical URL issues and applying fixes
• Continuous competitor monitoring (i.e. backlink profile changes, keyword changes & overall performance)
• Support SEO Consultants on technical queries in conjunction with dev/commercial/marketing teams
• Continued development of a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of the Company
• Produce monthly reports for management containing a robust description of monthly activity, suitable advice and recommendations and a clear summary of performance against the agreed key performance indicators and metrics
Other important elements of the SEO Manager role will be monitoring and optimising internal site search, identifying, and rolling out SEO initiatives, analysing gaps in content and briefing copywriters, managing front-end menus, brand and category creation, and playing a supporting role in key projects including acquisitions, potential migrations and new vertical launches.
The successful candidate will have strong commercial awareness, with previous experience in an eCommerce environment and have demonstrable experience (minimum 3+ years’ experience) working in SEO, with good technical experience covering, but not limited to, crawling, redirection, canonicals, sitemaps and schema. Proficiency of web tools is an absolute must (Google Analytics, Google Search Console) alongside experience of team management and in-depth knowledge of keyword and SEO tools such as ahrefs and SEMrush.
cmostores.com is an equal opportunities employer