Contract Type: Permanent
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. cmostores.com is an online supplier of building materials, sold across five specialist eCommerce stores. As the company is expanding, we have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Team Leader to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The position of the Team Leader is to support their Advisors and work collaboratively with the Store Managers, Customer Service Manager, and other SMT members to ensure we deliver on our mission “To provide customers with industry-leading product choice, service and price in partnership with manufacturers through a low-cost model”.
The Team Leader is specifically responsible for monitoring and supporting Sales and Customer Service Advisors with activities against their targets and ensuring these are being met.
They will help the team deliver the highest level of customer service across all channels. The Team Leader will be the first point of contact for escalated customer concerns and will have exceptional product knowledge and customer service skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:#
- Effectively and proactively managing the team performance to ensure profitable growth
- Coach and help develop team members; identifying skills gaps and arrange appropriate training where necessary
- Assure that the team members have the necessary skills, qualifications and training to effectively participate in the team
- Familiarise the team with the customer needs, specifications, design targets, the development process, design standards, techniques and tools to support task performance
- Line management of direct reports to include all HR related actions up to and including Final Written Warning (FWW), disciplinary investigations and hearings, return to work meetings (RTW’s), 1-2-1’s, performance reviews, managing team rota’s and holiday requests, probationary reviews, upholding company values and challenging behaviours as required.
- Coordinate the review, presentation and release of business change, analysis and other documentation
- Escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the team Advisors
- Provide status reporting of team activities against the program plan or schedule
- Serve as a focal point to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams
- Provide guidance to the team based on management direction
- Recognise and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in a Team Leader or Supervisory role. They will have strong people management skills, be an excellent communicator, and be able to lead and motivate their team. They will be resilient, diplomatic and have superb negotiation skills. The ideal candidate will have a Team Leader Diploma or equivalent.
cmostores.com is an equal opportunities employer