HR Assistant, Plymouth
• Hours: Full-time
• Contract Type: Permanent
• Location: Plymouth
• Salary: £18,000 – £20,000 DOE plus company bonus scheme
Construction Materials Online is an online supplier of building materials, sold across three specialist eCommerce stores. As the company is expanding, we are seeking a self-motivated and experienced HR Assistant to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The HR Assistant will:
• Set up new employees on the HRIS and maintain accurate recording of employee data
• Analyse data to support statistical reports on HR information e.g. starters, leavers, sickness absence etc.
• Be aware of recruitment procedures, administering eligibility to work, employee reference requests and administer appropriate paperwork reflecting changes to status, pay and benefits
• Support the HR Manager with ER issues and attend meetings as a note taker when necessary
• Be responsible for keeping notice boards updated and ensuring appropriate information and communication is displayed at all times.
• Administer all paperwork for new starters to include enabling and disabling ID cards
• Support the HR Manager with uploading of job adverts and monitor their activity
• Support the HR Manager with job applications which involves regularly checking CVs and passing on to respective Managers if appropriate and responding accordingly
• Support the interview, selection and assessment process when required
• Carry out research and source external training providers, collate information and refer to HR Manager for approval.
• Ensure training matrix is kept up to date
• Book travel and accommodation for the senior management team when necessary.
The successful candidate will have experience of working within a human resource, recruitment or training environment and will have completed their CIPD level 3 or be working towards it. They must have an understanding of data protection legislation and maintain confidentiality and trust at all times. Experience of working in an administrative environment with computerised data systems is essential. They will be a clear communicator with excellent writing, data entry and telephone skills.
If you meet the skills and experience required, please email your CV and covering letter to:
Construction Materials Online is an equal opportunities employer
Visit our stores
Burrington Business Park
Devon PL5 3LX