HTML/CSS Web Developer, Plymouth
• Hours: Full-time
• Contract Type: Permanent
• Location: Plymouth
• Salary: 18-20k, company bonus scheme and generous holiday entitlement
Construction Materials Online is one of the UK’s largest online building merchants. We are currently looking for a skilled Front-End Web Developer with strong HTML and CSS knowledge to join our team. You will be joining an experienced, yet young, company at an exciting stage of growth and will be given the opportunity to grow in your role and get hands-on with projects from day one. We believe in building a great place to work and an environment where we do our best work for clients. We feel passionate about building a great atmosphere for our staff and believe in good work/life balance.
The successful candidate will to help maintain our three online shops (bespoke PHP platform) and corporate site (WordPress). The role will also include creating marketing emails with content supplied by the marketing team.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS. You will need to write and edit code directly, not through a visual editor, such as Dreamweaver.
• Have good knowledge of PHP.
• Work competently as an individual and as part of a team.
• Have troubleshooting/problem solving ability. The work will often involve identifying and trying to fix problems within web pages.
• Have a good eye for design and what works for UX/UI
• Have great communication skills. You will need to provide support to non-technical people both over the phone and by email. Being able to explain complicated ideas simply will be important, as will being able to understand reported problems.
• Have the ability to prioritise. Being able to tell when something is urgent and responding correctly is critical.
• Get on with the team. We are a close team who have worked together for a long time.
Experience of Subversion, Git or another version control system would be advantageous, along with a working knowledge of Photoshop. Experience of creating marketing emails using Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp or similar would also be beneficial.
If you meet the skills and experience required please email your CV and covering letter to:
Construction Materials Online is an equal opportunities employer
Visit our stores
Burrington Business Park
Devon PL5 3LX