PHP Web Developer Vacancy, Plymouth
- Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
- Type: Full time
- Location: Plymouth, Devon
We’re looking for a Web Developer to join our in-house development team, located in Plymouth.
Construction Materials Online is a national online supplier of building materials, sold across ithree specialist ecommerce stores. The first store, Roofing Superstore launched in 2009 and has grown to become the largest online retailer for roofing materials in the UK. The company is expanding and we are looking for a proactive, self-starting developer to support the technical director and lead developer.
A commercial mindset, with experience & understanding of ecommerce systems is an advantage, but is not essential.
Purpose of the role
We’re offering an annual salary of £25,000 to £30,000 (dependent on experience), the opportunity to gain experience working for a national company, all required tools, company bonus scheme, company pension scheme and generous annual leave entitlement.
Required experience includes:
- Linux Apache MySQL PHP (LAMP stack) development knowledge
- Cross-browser and cross-device development (e.g. responsive design)
- Subversion (we use Beanstalk App)
- Basic server administration
- Website deployment
- HTML email development
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- 3+ years in a Web Developer position
It would be an advantage if you have further experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of open source platforms and software
- Android & iOS
In addition to the technical ability above, the ideal developer will be commercially minded, with strong interpersonal skills, be comfortable in front of managers and have the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical people.
How to apply
To apply, please email your cv in the first instance to email@example.com
Visit our stores
Burrington Business Park
Devon PL5 3LX