• Hours: Full-time
• Contract Type: Permanent
• Location: Plymouth
• Salary: £20-25k, company bonus scheme and generous holiday entitlement (includes the Christmas period)
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. Construction Materials Online is an online supplier of building materials, sold across three specialist eCommerce stores. As the company is expanding, we are seeking a self-motivated, organised and experienced Retail Merchandiser to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The position of the Retail Merchandiser is responsible for analysing the success of product lines and identifying opportunities. They will monitor stock levels and product lines against sales figures and ascertain where margin improvements can be made. They will work closely with the Purchasing Officer to forecast sales trends and monitor product performance. They will plan product ranges and optimise the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas. The Retail Merchandiser will set prices to maximise profits and manage the performance of ranges, planning promotions and markdowns as necessary. They will liaise with the marketing team regarding which products should be more actively promoted or how they should be displayed on the website to maximise sales.
• Analyse sales performance against product lines to identify where there are opportunities to improve sales figures
• Plan product ranges and prepare sales and stock plans in conjunction with the Purchasing Officer
• Analyse every aspect of our bestsellers, for example the best-selling price points, sizes or styles and look for opportunities to extend popular product ranges.
• Monitoring slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or plan promotions as necessary
• Control stock levels based on forecasts for the period.
• Use computer software to handle sales statistics, produce sales projections and present spreadsheets and graphs
• Work closely with the Purchasing Officer to analyse brand performance against financial objectives to maximise growth opportunities
• Produce financial reports and statistics to senior management
• Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
The successful candidate will have previous merchandising experience, a proven track record of improving margin requirements and have a demonstrable experience of price analysis. Finance and business qualifications would be advantageous. They will be analytically focused and proficient with computerised systems, have a high degree of IT literacy and be a competent user of Microsoft Office.
If you meet the skills and experience required please email your CV and covering letter to:
Construction Materials Online is an equal opportunities employer
Visit our stores
Burrington Business Park
Devon PL5 3LX