Supply Chain Manager
- Hours: Full-time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Plymouth
- Salary: 40-45k DOE
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. Construction Materials Online is an online supplier of building materials, sold across three specialist eCommerce stores. We are seeking a self-motivated, organised and experienced Supply Chain Manager to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The position of the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for ensuring that manufacturers are identified, sourced and maintained for each of the key verticals within which the company operates. They will also:
- Collaborate with suppliers to achieve direct, drop-ship distribution, working with them to identify process improvements that allow CMO to maximise sales.
- Evaluate central stocking opportunities to ensure all centrally held stock is in line with the company’s profit targets.
- Order and control inventory where appropriate for each of CMO’s stores to maximise sales, customer service, space and profit.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key suppliers to assist with meeting sales targets and exceeding existing customer service standards.
- Manage logistics to ensure efficient, cost effective shipment, warehousing and transportation.
Key duties of the role:
- Negotiate and agree contracts; optimising mutually beneficial terms with suppliers and monitoring quality of service.
- Develop, implement and review a supply chain strategy, forecasting short and long term customer demand for products and services and bringing key suppliers into the business with a view to meeting or exceeding sales and growth targets.
- Increase profits and deliver cost reduction initiatives – deliver sustainable gross margin improvements through negotiation and resourcing of products.
- Evaluate the best products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery, schedules and quality, whilst identifying leverage opportunities.
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities in line with supply chain best practice, focusing on improved customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with Store Managers to analyse brand performance against financial objectives to maximise growth opportunities.
- Manage the stock profile and support the Warehouse Manager regarding product availability.
- Drive category growth through range development and promotional strategies.
- Produce reports and analysis to improve our sales and margins with suppliers.
The successful candidate will have previous experience as Supply Chain Manager. They will have demonstrable experience of negotiations with large suppliers, project management experience and a proven track record in delivering and improving margin requirements.
Construction Materials Online is an equal opportunities employer
If you meet the skills and experience required, please email your CV and covering letter to:
Visit our stores
Burrington Business Park
Devon PL5 3LX